martes, 28 de julio de 2009

musicians, please take heed - belle and sebastian





I'm all alone
this is a holiday
some bloody holiday
my friends have gone away
they're of the temporary sort
I think
I will be better without

as long as you let me out

to taste the air beside the river
I pick the soundtrack with immaculate care
such a lot rests upon it
my life upon a song
you don't know how much I need

musicians please take heed

I thought I might just write a letter
anything to stay away
from books and lessons today
besides it's part of my induction
into the literate world

I am a literate girl

I string the words together softly
I lay my love upon you with each line
a gift of improvising
removes me from revising
I made a daisy chain from

phrase verse and punctuation

I'll kick this mood off with a change of scene
I bought a and go to the gym
I couldn't get away with wearing in my sweater
But I lost a lot of weight
I think it's down to leaving meat out of my diet as a rule

I won't buy it 'cause it's cruel

and if the nighttime threatens me with pain
I will give in to lust
I will do what I must
I've got a number of a girl I know
who gets hallucinogens
from a pair of hooligans

I'll take a dose
I don't mind trying
she lets me stay there while I leave the ground

I snuggle up beside her
think that I'll stay til morning

she's got me started yawning


just back...

hace demasiado calor

1 comentario:

Alex dijo...

Canción invernal de fondo y veraniega de forma.

¿Qué tal por el norte? Seguro que genial.

Para los que estamos acostumbrados al calor extremo, las temperaturas suaves en julio y agosto son anomalías del termómetro o del ánimo. Nunca las podremos distinguir. Casi 40º por aquí... Bufff!!